Burnett International College maintains an open-door policy for high school graduates with standard diplomas, GED graduates and graduates from approved home school educational programs, pursuant to Florida Statutes.
All correspondence concerning admission should be sent to:
Burnett International College
2601 South Military Trail, Suite 12, West Palm Beach, Florida 33415
For more information, students may call the admissions office at 561-736-3998.
Students are admitted to the College prior to the Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
Admission to Burnett International College is open to any qualified applicant. No qualified person will be excluded from enrollment based on age, race, gender, disability or national origin. Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission into Burnett International College:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age; or, if under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign the enrollment application. Additionally, the applicant must turn 18 prior to entering externship.
- Complete an admission application and return it to our admission office, along with the non-refundable application fee $ 50. Application must be received at least one month before the start of an academic semester;
- Provide evidence of high school diploma, high school certification, or GED. All applicants must show proof of graduation from an accredited high school or have completed a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Official high school transcripts (in a sealed envelope) and/or GED must be provided to the college Registrar’s Office or the Admission Director prior to enrollment, but no later than 30 days after the start of the initial semester of enrollment.
- Provide Official College Transcripts (in a sealed envelope). Transfer applicants must provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended no later than 30 days after the start day of their first semester of enrollment at Burnett International College. Transfer student must be in good academic standing at the last school attended at the time of initial enrollment at BIC and must show a minimum grade point average of 2.0 (on 4.0 scale). Transfer credits from national or regional accredited institutions will be evaluated and credited after enrollment at Burnett International College.
- Submit documentation of English Proficiency (for student whose native language is not English). Student enrolling in a Diploma or an Associate of Science Degree Program is required to demonstrate the ability to read and write in Standard English. Evidence of such level of English Proficiency may be established by transcripts of prior study from English speaking school; scores on the school entrance exams, personal interviews and/or by special demonstrations orally or in writing.
- Take the Wonderlic Test and pass with a minimum score of 11.0 to assess the student’s math, reading and comprehension abilities. All newly admitted students will be given placement test in English and Math and required to take remedial courses if they fail to achieve at college levels prescribed by Burnett International College.
- Complete and sign an Enrollment Agreement, provide photo identification and complete a 150-word essay.
- Additionally, the nursing or other associate degree programs student must complete the TEAS test with the minimum following scores:
Practical Nurse – 60
Registered Nurse – 65
Other Associate degree Programs – 65
- Provide a non-refundable registration fee of $100 prior to enrollment.
- Provide proof of health insurance. Students who do not possess health insurance upon applying to the College must be prepared to purchase health insurance through an approved Burnett International College provider upon commencement of studies
Prior to registering, a student should have on file in the Records Office:
- A completed admissions application;
- Transcripts of all previous College work (prior to the first day of classes);
- Proof of high school completion (prior to the first day of classes); official transcripts (in a sealed envelope) must be sent to the Burnett International College Records Office.